Saturday, December 14, 2019
Follow us on
Download Mobile App
ऐसा लोकतंत्र हो, जहां शासन में जनता की प्रत्यक्ष भागीदारी हो - श्री अरविंद केजरीवाल मुख्यमंत्री खट्टर को देशी व् उप-मुख्यमंत्री दुष्यंत चौटाला को अंग्रेजी शराब गिफ्ट करेंगे – जयहिन्दफ्री नहीं... सब प्री पेड है.दिल्ली विधानसभा चुनाव के लिए आम आदमी पार्टी के चुनाव प्रभारी बने संजय सिंह Iran Ambassador calls on the Chief Minister at Delhi Secretariatदिल्ली की सभी बसों में 29 अक्टूबर से महिलाओं का सफर फ्री आम आदमी पार्टी सभी जिलों में फूकेंगी मुख्यमंत्री खट्टर का पुतला! शहीद मंगल पांडये पर दिए गलत बयान पर माफ़ी मांगने के लिए दिया था 24 घंटे का समय – जयहिन्दडीजल-पेट्रोल महंगा करने की बजाए सस्ता करे कैप्टन सरकार -आप

Delhi doesn’t feel the pinch of the economic slowdown as much because of Delhi govt schemes-Shri Arvind Kejriwal

September 17, 2019 12:21 PM

New Delhi: “In this period of economic slowdown, the people of Delhi are not feeling the pinch as much, because of Delhi government’s schemes. We all want the economic situation of Delhi and our country to improve,” said Chief Minister Shri Arvind Kejriwal at an event organised by the Chamber of Trade and Industries on Sunday at the NDMC Convention Centre. The awards were given to 36 successful traders and businessmen from Delhi at the hands of CM Kejriwal and Mahashay Dharampal Gulati of MDH group. 

Addressing traders, the Chief Minister said, “Trade is slowing down There has been no increase in the salaries but people’s expenses are rising. However, the Delhi government has provided a lot of support to the people of Delhi, so that they do not feel the pinch of the slowdown as much. For instance, we waived off the electricity bills up to 200 units. We provided free water and waived off the old water bills. Now, travelling in a bus will also be free for women.

I am from a trader family myself; I understand the agony, pain and problems faced by traders very well: CM Shri Arvind Kejriwal


Commenting on the state of the economy, the chief minister said, “There is a huge ongoing recession. I came across many traders today, who told me around 30 to 40 percent of the turnover has reduced. I hope the economy will improve soon so that the trade also improves. We appeal to the Central Government to take all necessary steps to improve the economy.”

The CM was also quoted saying, “Our government has always been very sensitive towards traders. I myself belong to a merchant family, and so I can understand the agony, pain and problems of a trader very well. We have always taken care of the interests of the traders. We now have GST coming into force, but in the first two years, the Delhi government had automatically reduced VAT on all items from 12.5 per cent to 5 per cent.”

‘Delhi has made huge strides in infra development’

CM Shri Kejriwal also said that when his government came into power, the water pipeline in Delhi was only 58%, which means only a few percentage of people received tap water, and the rest had water tankers as an option. “93% of Delhi now receives tap water, and the rest 7% of the area has the water pipeline work going on. In a year or two, 100% of Delhi will be covered under water pipeline treatment plan. Our mission is to provide clean and safe tap water to every household in the city,” he said.

“We have worked hard to ensure full-time power in the city. We had to tighten our hold on the power sector companies. I myself went ahead and spent time in the colonies which had power breakdown and made sure it was fixed. I summoned weekly reports mentioning areas with major power breakdowns. I am happy that many transformers around Delhi have been fixed, electricity cables have been changed, and there are no thefts related to electricity. Delhi has access to 24-hour water and electricity now. Apart from that, our government has achieved excellence in the fields of health and education, it has gained us recognition from all-over the world.” Mr. Kejriwal was quoted saying.


Have something to say? Post your comment
More National News
ऐसा लोकतंत्र हो, जहां शासन में जनता की प्रत्यक्ष भागीदारी हो - श्री अरविंद केजरीवाल 
मुख्यमंत्री खट्टर को देशी व् उप-मुख्यमंत्री दुष्यंत चौटाला को अंग्रेजी शराब गिफ्ट करेंगे – जयहिन्द
फ्री नहीं... सब प्री पेड है.
104 बसों को मुख्यमंत्री ने दिखाई हरी झंडी, कुछ ही दिन में फ्री यात्रा स्कीम होगी शुरू
देश व इंसानियत तभी बढ़ेगी जब इंसान स्वस्थ तथा शिक्षित होगा - श्री अरविंद केजरीवाल
सी.एम. का एलान, शुक्रवार तक ठीक हो जाएंगे दिल्ली के सड़कों पर बने 232 गड्ढे
पहले मुख्यमंत्री खट्टर, विर्क और सन्नी देओल पर तुरंत कार्यवाही करें चुनाव आयोग - जयहिन्द
भाजपा द्वारा तमाम बाधाएं लगाने के बावजूद मुख्यमंत्री अरविंद केजरीवाल ने C-40 सम्मेलन को किया संबोधित: संजय सिंह
बस तीन सप्ताह और घर में साफ पानी की जांच करें और परिवार को डेंगू के खतरे से मुक्त करें - अरविंद केजरीवाल
एस.सी विद्यार्थियों के लिए वजीफे न जारी करने का मामला